Around the World in 80 Words - Camps Bay Beach, South Africa

As I was trawling through Twitter one day I came across a post from @SAHDandproud v2.0 that was called 'Around the World in 80 Words'.  It caught my eye so I obviously had to click on it as I have a very nosey curious nature and wanted to see what it was all about.

Basically, it was fantastic.  You think of a place that you have travelled to and pick a country or something that left a lasting memory with you, be it good or bad.

What he had done was bring a ton of fabulous memories back from holidays abroad, holidays growing up as a child and my life growing up in Cape Town.   It was like the happy feeling I get after exercise or after a few cups of coffee.   Fabulous!

This is his original post that started it all.  There is also a great Linky so you can paste the link to your post here when you are done and share it with all the other people out there that love and appreciate exploring and travelling the world.

Here is my 50p worth about my little piece of heaven in 80 words...
I spent 22 fabulous years of my life in Cape Town.  When things weren't so fabulous I would take long drives around the scenic route of Cape Town, occasionally vary my route.

I would stop at this spot to look out at the ocean and at Camps Bay from a distance.  Simply observing.  This view always put things back into perspective, calming me, making me grateful for what I had and the beautiful country I lived in.


Ax

Comments

  1. Beautiful! I've not been fortunate enough to have an opportunity to visit SA yet, but one day I hope to as I've heard nothing but great things about the place and the people from friends and family who have been.
    Thanks for joining in and please feel free to carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. South Africans are some of the best people that you will ever meet!!! We are back there in December for a couple of weeks. Can't wait! Need Vitamin D!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Review and competition: Nonabox - the UK's first subscription gift box for pregnancy and new parents