Crayons for Tea, Anyone?

My daughter has a 'thing' for crayons and from what I can gather, the chunkier they are, the better.  I first noticed her taking a nibble of one when she was quite small and managed to get all the bits out of her mouth.   A few tiny pieces may not have been fortunate enough to ever see the light of day again...


Now that she is a good year older and about to turn 2 you would think that she would have outgrown this phase.  Her crayon collection is slowly but surely getting smaller by the week and I am losing the will to keep on saying 'please don't eat the crayon, please take it out of your mouth'.  I'll give her her dues though as when I say this she does lean forward and carefully, pushing out her lips, a stream of gob and crayon begins to dribble out of her mouth into my outreached hand.  Before I was a Mum I would have found the thought of this quite disgusting but now, not much bothers me, luckily!  

Hopefully in the next few months the idea of nibbling on a crayon will become boring and she will decide to eat her vegetables again instead.

Ax

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that my son isn't the only one who has this habbit! Very weird when their dribble is multi coloured!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! She just bites the bits off and then doesn't quite know what to do I think? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha my little one hasnt discovered eating crayons just yet! hmmm yummy! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is getting better, finally! I'm thinking of strategically placing bowls of blueberries around the room to discourage her :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Win a fabulous photo book with 23snaps!