My "Out of Africa" 30th birthday at Darcy's


In December last year I had the pleasure of sharing my 30th birthday celebration with close friends and family at the fabulous Darcy's Restaurant in St Albans.

Darcy's is one of my favourite local restaurants and so when it came to planning my party, there was no question as to where it would take place and as I couldn't be in South Africa for my birthday I decided to bring a taste of Africa to my birthday in the UK, and so my "Out of Africa" theme was born.

Anna, the Restaurant Manager at Darcy's and David, the Head Chef, worked with me to create a delicious menu that tied in with my theme.  The flavours and selection were absolutely perfect and I can safely say that every single one of my guests had a wonderful time and loved their amazing meal filled with flavours of home as most of my guests were South African.



For those of you who are curious, this is the 
mouthwatering 3 course menu we had on the night

Starters

White onion soup with thyme croutons (v)

Tempura vegetable with sweet chilli sauce (v)

Biltong pate with granary toasts


Mains


Springbok with bobtie and Cavalo nero

Tuna steak with sweet potato chips

Boerewors on braised red cabbage

Thai sweet potato curry with fragrant jasmine rice (v)


Desserts


Tipsy Tart

Pumpkin Fritters

Chocolate and peanut butter cheesecake


A huge thank you to Anna, David, and the rest of the team for the fabulous service, delicious food and a night that I will always remember.

Ax









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Review and competition: Nonabox - the UK's first subscription gift box for pregnancy and new parents