One more, one more!

Every night before Isabella goes to bed, I sing nursery rhymes to her.  I hold her snuggle in my arms and walk around her darkened room while she rests her little head on my left shoulder.  We usually start our routine with me singing the song from CBeebies (The time has come to say goodnight...).

Isabella's current nursery rhyme top 10
  1. The Time has Come to Say Goodnight (CBeebies Song)
  2. Baa Baa Black Sheep
  3. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
  4. Mary Had a Little Lamb
  5. Incy, Wincy Spider
  6. Three Blind Mice (a bit gruesome but I try to make the actions as PC as possible)
  7. Old MacDonald
  8. Humpty Dumpty 
  9. Rock a Bye Baby
  10. Hush a Bye baby
The next step in the routine is for Bella to request a song.  I've seen a very big improvement in her language skills over the past few weeks and she is gradually learning the lines to the different songs, albeit that no one else but me can understand what she is saying in most cases.  For example, we have progressed from 'Baa Baa' to 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' which I thought was absolutely amazing.  She was extremely proud of herself too which just makes my heart melt.

After a song has been requested and before I even get to the end of what I am singing, Bella is already asking for 'one more, one more!'.  I love this and lucky for her I love singing too.  After roughly 5 or so songs we have more hugs and cuddles and then she asks to be put into her cot.

It's the small things that make me happy these days.

A x

Comments

  1. I think I always sang to you girls and now I sing to the dogs, and all our dogs over the years have had their own song played on the piano for them. Even the parrot has a song. Music makes the world go around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Win a fabulous photo book with 23snaps!