Isabella's First Snowy Sunday

I've still not been on a skiing/winter holiday as the idea of voluntarily spending a week playing in snow doesn't really excite me to tell you the truth.  Give me a beach holiday or other suitable location that is in excess of 30 degrees Celsius and I will be an extremely happy creature.

All that said, I woke up this morning feeling like a child at Christmas.  Today is the first time that Isabella will have seen, touched and tasted!

I slipped out of bed quite early, showered then dressed and even started to clean the house while my husband and daughter slept peacefully in their beds unaware of how giddy I was with excitement.

Bella's little outfit was set out last night so that I could quickly feed her breakfast this morning, let it settle and then change her into her warm clothes for outside.  I had it all planned out!

I lasted until about 8.30 a.m. before I simply had to wake the household up.  I couldn't wait any longer to see the look on Isabella's face when she saw that the green grass had been covered in beautiful, icy cold snow!

At first Bella wasn't too sure.  I mean honestly, if you've never seen the stuff before and had no idea of what it was, you'd be a bit cautious too.  It is icy cold, your feet sink into it as you move along and it makes a crunching sound.  That is the part that I do actually like!  In Bella's case it takes her nearly up to her knees!  After a few tentative touches and pokes of the snow we soon enough had a very happy little girl who didn't want to come back inside!

I guess we will be going on a winter holiday next year then?! 

Ax

Comments

  1. I was the same, I was so excited to get Josh in it this morning and he was EXACTLY the same! So cute! Golden memories! x
    www.atwentysomethingmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily my neighbour let me borrow a pair of Peppa Pig wellies as Bella has just outgrown her other ones. Her feet would have frozen otherwise! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Win a fabulous photo book with 23snaps!