Isabella 1, Mommy 0.5, Daddy...0!

I think that toddlers are programmed to know when their dad needs to get up very early in the morning.  To cut a very long and tiresome story very short, always make sure your children have a really good meal at dinner time and if they still drink milk, make sure they have that too!

Isabella had eaten well during the day and often doesn't have a big meal at dinnertime so I honestly thought nothing of it when she wasn't all that interested in her dinner and only had half of it. 

After many tears (from toddler not parents), hugs, cuddles and trips to and from her room it transpired at 3.00 a.m. that she was actually hungry.  So at 3.00 a.m. this morning I sat in my bed whilst my husband had a restless and very uncomfortable sleep on the couch (he had moved there very wisely a few hours before) watching Isabella eating cream crackers and drinking water.  If it wasn't for the fact that she was talking away so beautifully in her little toddler language and was finally happy I would probably wouldn't see the funny side of it right now!  A positive is that I ended up all the rooms in the house after I had started with our room in an attempt to suck up all the crumbs that she had left behind after her early morning snack.

Isabella only really went into a sound sleep at about 3.45 a.m. this morning, with daddy sleeping on the couch and me having the whole bed to myself.   I only woke up at about 9.20 a.m. whilst my husband had to be up before 7.00 a.m.!  

I think that I should clean the house, iron all his shirts, make a delicious dinner, but a bottle of read and let him have complete control of the Sky remote when he gets home this afternoon.

Daddy's always bear the brunt of it but never complain, and lucky for Isabella and I, we have one of the most wonderful daddy's in the world!

A x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Review and competition: Nonabox - the UK's first subscription gift box for pregnancy and new parents