Books, book and more books!!!!

I have always loved to read. There is something magical about going into a bookstore. I think it's the calm and quiet that I love, coupled with the smell of the freshly bound pages of 1000's upon 1000's of stories just waiting to come to life. I could simply spend hours looking at the various titles and reading the blurbs. My husband thinks I'm a bit crazy of course!

I am about to finish (after four months) The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and have bought three books (3 for the price of 2!!) for my holiday. I know that this is rather ambitious with having baby to look after but one of the three is for my hubby (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). The other two are, Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Travellers Wife) and The Water Horse by Julia Gregson, who wrote East of the Sun. The latter is set in 1920's/30's England and India. It revolves around the lives of three young woman who are all trying to escape various situations. The imagery is spectacular and it is a very gripping read and left me with an urge to visit India one day.

Well, let's hope that I can read at least one of those!! Is anyone else reading anything interesting?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Review and competition: Nonabox - the UK's first subscription gift box for pregnancy and new parents